Current Student & Parent Resources
The current student and parent resources page is information pertinent to the day-to-day operations at Damien High School. This includes policies and procedures, parent permission forms, calendars, weekly schedules, daily announcements, classroom web sites, grades and progress report access, tuition management, volunteer service opportunities, bus services and much more.
Please use the links on this page to access this information.
If the information you seek is not on this page, please send an e-mail to the school:
Martin Luther King, Jr. National Holiday
Mr. John Mahon, Coordinator of the IB Program at Damien High School, will host an information session on Thursday, January 24, at 6:30 pm (Room 504).
The International Baccalaureate courses are designed to challenge students at the college-level. Taken over two years, IB courses emphasize the development of academic skills and personal qualities, along with the content knowledge necessary for success in higher education and life beyond.
For more information, contact Mr. Mahon, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Freshmen Academic Planning Night (Class of 2022) – January 29
Freshmen families: The Counseling Department's will be hosting an Academic Planning Night on Tuesday, January 29 in the Event Center from 6:30 - 8:00 p.m. No registration is necessary. The Department's presentation will cover scheduling information for upcoming years in preparation for college admissions. We ask students and parents to attend together. Please mark your calendar.
Come on out and support the Spartans as they join forces with LA Kings affiliate, the Ontario Reign, to raise money for the Spartan hockey program and to cheer on the home team! Tickets are available for $20.00 each. A portion of every ticket sale will be given to the Damien Hockey Program. Purchase tickets in the Athletic Department.
The varsity and JV teams will also be participating in the Reign's "Chuck-a-Puck" Fundraiser. Boys will sell foam pucks during the game. Attendees then throw these pucks on to the ice during an intermission. Most of the proceeds will go to the Spartan program.
Sunday February 10, 2019
8:00 am - JV Game
9:15 am - Varsity Game
1:00 pm - Reign (Kings) vs San Jose Barracuda (Sharks)
SAT Preparation Program
The Damien SAT Prep Course will prepare students for the March 9, 2019 SAT test date. Cost is $275. Program is open to juniors and seniors at Damien, Pomona Catholic, St. Lucy’s Priory as well as all other private and public school students.
For more information and to register: https://www.damien-hs.edu/apps/pages/satprepcourse
Looking for Host Families
Damien will host fifteen (15) students from Saint-Marc High School in Lyon, France from February 8-22, 2019. We are looking for 15 Damien families who are willing to host a French high school student. Hosting a French student will fulfill your annual obligation of parent hours for the 2018-2019 school year. The visiting students are here to experience life in the U.S. and speak English. This is a unique opportunity to gain an appreciation of French culture at home. If you are interested, please contact Mrs Lawson at Damien, email@example.com.
Do you like to roll the dice and play bunco, well then you need to come to this meeting, after our very short meeting, Bunco will start. Bring a snack to share if you like. Come enjoy old friends, make new ones and hear of upcoming events.
Moms in Prayer, we believe God changes lives and whole communities forever when moms gather together to pray. Our purpose is to pray for the teachers, staff and students at Damien High School. Experience the joy of replacing anxiety with peace and hope when you pray scripturally and specifically for your son and for Damien. You are invites to a powerful time of prayer. Every Friday morning in the chapel (building 200) at Damien 8-9 am.
Can you believe how fast this school year has gone, we are half way through the year and March will be here in no time. That said, we have a few reminders about parent service hours:
1. Each family must have only one account in Track It Forward to ensure proper credit for all hours worked. If you currently have more than one account, you must contact Mrs. Amrhein to let her know which account you want to keep. She will combine your hours and delete the other account.
2. Make sure you are logging in your hours once you have completed them. Remember, no one is logging your hours in for you. Signing in at an event only shows that you were there. If you don't sign in at an event, we have no proof that you were there, and therefore would not approve your hours in Track it Forward. Make sure you sign in at an event AND log your hours in Track it Forward.
3. Remember that there are numerous opportunities to get your hours completed within the time frame that is allocated. Each year the dates for completing parent service hours are April 1 through March 31. Please do not wait until the last minute to start your hours; opportunities may be limited and you may come up short.
4. Parent service hours should be completed by parents or other adults only. Damien students or their non-adult siblings cannot earn volunteer hours.
5. If you have not paid for or completed your parent hours by March 31 you will be charged for the hours that are not completed. THERE ARE NO EXCETIONS!
If you have any questions please do not wait until it is to late contact Mrs. Amrhein now, firstname.lastname@example.org.